If you are looking for a fantastic introduction to the world of off-piste skiing then this week could be for you.
The course is designed to be an introduction to off-piste skiing. We start the week making sure we have some of the good techniqueon the piste then gradually start dipping our toes further and further off the sides - each day building our technique, our confidence and ability.
Each day we endeavor to take on some new snow, terrain and use new or developed skills that will put you on the road to confidently skiing away from the pistes.
What to Expect
OFF THE SNOW
- Return transfers from Geneva airport (leaving GVA at 15:00 on your Course Start Day, and arriving in Geneva at 13:00 on your Course End Day)
- Catered accommodation in a shared room in the New TTR Mountain Lodge (single room available too for an additional fee of £280 for the week)*
- 6 Days of Cooked breakfast and 2-course dinner. Wednesday is the staff day off, with self-service breakfast and a chance for you to sample the tasty local restaurants.
- 6 Day 3 Valleys lift pass
- Full UK and in-resort support
ON THE SNOW
- 5 full days off piste tuition.
- Full safety equipment provided (backpack, transceiver, shovel and probe)
- Training on how and when to use the safety equipment
- Introduction training about general snow awareness and mountain safety
Trip Leaders For Duration
Six Nights Supper
Here you'll find a day by day breakdown of your course.
Arrive at Geneva Airport before 3pm to take advantage of the group transfer leaving then. Get to the chalet around 6pm to get settled into your rooms and have a beer before dinner.
First day of coaching with your Marmalade guide. Touching on our on piste technique and then start to dip our toes off piste. Learn to use your tranceivers and avalanche gear in a mock-rescue situation and learn about the snowpack and what triggers avalanches.
Venture further Off Piste exploring what the Three Valleys can offer and start to pick up and improve your techniques that will help you push futher to the far reaches of the mountains.
For you to run free and revisit anything you would like to revisit.
Departure day, with a 10am return complimentary transfer to Geneva airport (n.b. we allow 3 hours for transfer, 2 hours for airport check in, so you should aim to book a flight no earlier than 3pm.)
Anyone who wants to venture into the off piste in a controlled environment with some expert tuition.
On this course your skiing will not be assessed at any stage, but being able to ski red runs comfortably is a good starting point. If you would like to head out to the resort beforehand in order to have a week or two's skiing and dust off the cobwebs please speak to your course advisor, as this is something we can arrange.
Each training group has a maximum of six people to one Instructor, ensuring you get the best possible coaching.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.